A Train Journey in Memories


19311 Pune Indore Express

This was the train by which I was all set to leave for Ratlam (former princely state of my dynasty) to attend my cousin's marriage.
I just made it to reach on time to the station and to make the day great, my RAC was confirmed. The best thing that can be with you while traveling by train. ;-)

So I settled myself in my seat and after relaxing for few minutes, stepped out the train to check the list of passengers in my coach. ;-) . If you what i mean. :D (will leave it here)

Anyways i returned to my seat with a pack of lassi.Meanwhile train started to move "slowly-slowly", crossing the bridge of a river (Better should be called as "Naala") leaving pune station behind and its small localities like chinchwad and all. and while I'm having sips of lassi, let me have a look at my fellow passengers.
An Old couple, their daughters (I guess daughter's daughter. You will see it only in India. Three generation together ;-)), one another uncle.
The little girl was quite cute and continuously urging her mothers (birth-giving mother and Grand mother ;-) ) for chocolates and other eatables. Needless to say, All of her childish activities were drawing my attention. It's better to list them out here instead of a boring paragraph.
    Ohh!!! Wait!! forgot to mention that there is also a girl of my age (a wild guess, hope she won't hit me if she ever comes to read this) in my compartment. *SIGH*. This type of typical bollywood scenes are very rare in my case and happen with me once in a millennium [ "LOLz" ].
(Another river passed as I was writing this in train)

Well, Nothing to mention about her and neither interested also to write about her. A smartphone owner who is spending half of the her time with it and is more like a "Smart-Zombie". So we'll leave her with her soul-mate companion SMARTPHONE here as  I'm more interested in this little girl who is continuously pushing me into the river of memories, more of Travelings in General Compartment. so where i was. ha, listing down few things. ;-)

# Flaming desire for Window Seat ( मुझे खिड़की के पास बैठना है )
{Ohh great!!! here come the eunuchs and asking for money. Got rid off from them somehow. Thank GOD}

#Ask for anything whatever comes to be sold.
#Asking lot of questions about random things.
#Looking through the window and making different noises. (मम्मी मम्मी !!! पेड़ भाग रहे है !!)
#Counting number of coaches in other trains
#Making mischief here and there and then getting slapped by Mummy and sitting silently
#Frequent scolding of mummy papa
#Reading names of stations
#Purchasing magazines like Champak, Nandan, Nanhe Samrat etc.

Dafaq!!! That little girl took out 10 rupees and purchased some sort of Spiderman (No, That was not Amazing SpiderMan 2) toy. In my childhood, I did not have right to keep money in my pocket. :O Even the money that my relatives used to give while leaving their place, Mummy used to take them from me. (पैसे गिरा देगा तु। मुझे दे। मैं रख  लेती हूं )

Meanwhile I was lost in thoughts, the grand mother's sharp voice derailed my "The Memory Special Express"  - 'Keep hand inside the window'
This is the frequent advice parents give to their children while traveling in bus & train. बस का समझ आता है लेकिन ट्रेन का नही . (अरे भाई  ..बच्चे का हाथ है .. कानून का नही जो लम्बा होगा .. वैसे आजकल वो भी कुछ उखाड़ नही पा रहे है .)

Well now, Let me put writing aside and feel those childish activities again.

The Memory Special Express is now again on track. Green Light is ON. Signal Ok and here I go. छुक छुक छुक..........


Share:

0 comments